Learn how to WOW friends and family with your sugar craft and cake decorating skills!
Valentine’s class - R370
- Learn to decorate cupcakes.
- Learn to make cupcake holders.
- Learn to make small sugar roses and cut out hearts.
- Learn to make petal paste & petal glue.
- Bring along: Note book, pen, empty ice-cream container and toolkit (see list).
Daisy, Daisy give me your answer true... - R370
- Learn to make daisies, blossoms, leaves and carnations.
- Bring along: petal paste, petal glue and toolkit.
Roses - R370
- Learn to make and colour sugar roses.
- Bring along: Petal paste (colour of your choice), toolkit, polystyrene and #14 wire covered with florist’s tape.
Figurines - R370
- Learn to make animated figurines.
- Bring along: White petal paste (+/- 250g), petal glue, small sandwich bags, small Tupperware container and toolkit.
Tiger Lily and St Joseph Lily - R370
- Learn to make and colour Tiger lLlies and St Joseph lilies.
- Bring along: Petal paste (white),petal glue, toolkit, polystyrene and #14 wire covered with florist’s tape.
Chocolate class - R370
- Learn how to decorate, mould and work with chocolate and make moulding paste for roses.
- Bring along: +/- 500g dark chocolate and toolkit.
Sponge cake - R370
- Learn to cover sponge cake with chocolate ganache and decorate with chocolate collar.
- Bring along: 20cm sponge cake, 2kg white or dark chocolate, 600ml cream, decorations from previous class and toolkit.
Christmas decorations - R370
- Learn how to decorate a Christmas cake.
- Christmas baubles
- Santa stockings
- Wrapped presents
- Berries and Holly leaves
- Candy canes...
- Bring along: Petal glue and toolkit.
Fruitcake class - R370
- Learn to cover a fruitcake with marzipan and sugar paste.
- Learn how to make royal icing and basic piping skills.
- Bring along: 20cm round/square fruitcake or dummy (polystyrene), 1kg sugar paste, if covering a fruitcake you need to bring 1kg marzipan together with 1kg sugar paste, 25cm cake board, Christmas decorations from previous class, toolkit and smoothers.
Your own project - R570
- You will choose your own project (Birthday cake, Christening cake..). Each student will set a date aside when he/she will complete a cake for that someone special to surprise them with. Techniques and assistance will be given to guide you through the decorating of your cake.
- Students who are interested in sitting-in only pay R250.
- Bring along: All you need to complete your project.
Basic toolkit contents list:
- If you are unsure about any of the equipment please wait until the class to avoid unnecessary expenses.
- All equipment is available at All About Baking (Durbanville), Value Baking (Brackenfell) or CAB Foods (numerous shops in the Western Cape).
- Modelling tools from JEM cutters (plastic tools are available in sets and are essential for modelling).
- A small flat palette knife from Ateco.
- Round brushes (#00, 0, 1, 2, 3 and 6) at your nearest art shop.
- Petal pad from JEM./li>
- Small rolling-pin (make your own with chrome tubing or towel rail about 18mm in diameter and 180mm in length).
- Work board, this serves as a general work surface (250mm x 300mm board is a useful size). Available from suppliers or use a plastic placemat with a smooth surface and non-slip back.
- Your toolkit will extend as we go along and learn new techniques. A plastic tool box is useful for storage.
When & Where
- The class runs once a week for 10 weeks, Tuesday mornings (9:30 - 12:30) or Wednesday evenings (18:30 - 21:30) at my home in Durbanville.
- Costs - Signup for all ten classes and only pay R3 200. If attending only some of the classes you pay R370 except for “Your own project class” at R570.